We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without the help of our volunteers! You can help make a difference in the life of a child. Family and community volunteers help reach us to reach our classroom goals, and help children become independent, confident, and enthusiastic learners.
We are seeking volunteers to help in every area of our Head Start programs, including arts, math, literacy, physical health, language development, social-emotional health and more.
Activities Inside EHS and HS Classrooms
- Playing with children
- Reading with children
- Sharing special skills (such as singing, dancing, and sharing cultural / family traditions)
- Arranging classroom materials
- Preparing meals
- Assisting our teachers in the classroom
- Special projects
Activities Outside the Classroom
- Aiding with office help
- Helping with field trips
- Assisting with special outdoor projects
- Sharing ideas for educational activities (such as making playdoh, prepping craft items, etc.)
- Share recycled objects (paper towel holders, collage materials, buttons, etc.)
“Being a volunteer has reinforced my beliefs that Klamath Family Head Start is an awesome program.”
HEAD START PARENT, JENNIFER
Apply to Volunteer
Your unique skills and interests are important to us when matching openings and needs in our centers. When you apply, we’ll connect you with a learning site and classroom that best fits your experience and availability.
To get started, please contact our main Klamath Family Head Start site at (541) 882-5988.